Saturday, May 9, 2015

highs and lows

As I sit here trying to find words to express what is in my heart I am finding myself oppressed with a severe case of writers block .

HOW do I put it all down on paper!?  

I have experienced extreme highs and lows in the past six weeks since we have opened the center.   

The high of moving forward in the ministry.  The high of knowing that we are in the center of God’s will and doing EXACTLY what we are supposed to be doing.  You know that high?  Kinda makes one feel invincible.  

AND the lows…..the lows of reality that we can’t reach everyone.  The low of reality that not everyone wants the help we offer.  That we can extend ourselves and sacrifice until we are blue in the flipping face and still it will at times get thrown back into our faces.  Deals with the invincible feelings, thats for sure! 

THEN!!!!!  The high again!!!!  This time the high of the reality that none of this has A DARN TOOTIN THING to do with me!  The reality of the high that Jesus won the victory on the cross and that the work we do in Streetwise is all about Jesus!!!  It actually has nothing to do with the Morales Family Clan or even the precious homeless babies of Lusaka.  IT IS ALL JESUS YOU GUYS!!!!  It is all about the sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf on the cross, NOT about the “sacrifice” I make by living in Africa.  That doesn’t impress Him one bit!!!  What he wants is a broken spirit and a contrite heart.  The work of Streetwise Outreach and Craft Co is simply an overflow of the abundance of grace and mercy that has been poured into my own undeserving heart. 

It takes the pressure off!!!  The pressure of thinking that it is our responsibility to get these kids into heaven, the pressure and burden of seeing that kids who have never been given a fighting chance in life are given one….the list is endless…….

Those pressures belong to Jesus!  My responsibility is to make sure they know they have a choice, that they have the information in their hands to make the choice to follow Christ.   
All I have to do is walk in obedience everyday to what Jesus has called me to.  The rest is up to Him! 

If you are feeling overwhelmed and exhausted today, I pray that these words encourage you today and lift the burden of pressure from your shoulders.  Rest in Jesus!!  Let Him carry the burden for you!  Let him take the load of responsibility!  


WOW!!!  Look at that!  I think I was freed from my writers block!  YEAH!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...