Wednesday, May 8, 2013

musings on forgiveness


Yesterday Luis and I had a wonderful experience!  During our burn out period we went through a pretty nasty and painful experience.   With out going into the gory details of what happened, cause that isn’t the point at all...we were finally able to sit and talk with the person. IT WAS AWESOME!!!  We looked this man in the eye and felt nothing but love and the unity of Christ.  What Satan had meant for our destruction, and for his as well, was turned around for all of our benefits!!! 

I learned something very profound.  In a hurtful situation, whether you are the hurter or the hurtee, everyone is a victim!  No one walks away from hard stuff unscathed!  We were hurt and so was our friend.  But healing came and God restored love and joy and peace.  It was AWESOME!!!  

Paul says in Acts 14:22 
“...We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God”  

Pain in life in a necessary component to the life of Christ being produced.  It is scriptural.  It isn’t fun!  No doubt!  But it is my opinion, NO, my firm belief that if our hearts remain teachable and pliable, if we allow God to get at the painful parts in our hearts, the areas that the hurtful experiences expose, then it will only end well!  It will ONLY end with us being bathed in the peace and joy of Jesus!  

If you are the hurter, may your prayer be like that one of Davids in psalm 51 
“Create in me a clean heart, oh God, and renew a right spirit with in me!” 

If you are the hurtee, may your prayer be 
“You are the God who makes beauty out of ashes!  Don’t let me be found with the sin of bitterness in my heart!  Grant me the grace to forgive and to allow you to fight my battles for me!”

Take it from me, you DO NOT want to let the hurt fester in your soul!  I don’t know what you have been through, but Jesus does!  Forgiveness is not about the other person.  It is all about you!  It is about letting it go into the hands of Jesus and trusting that He will deal with the one who caused you pain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...