Sunday, October 13, 2013

life lessons according to Anne of Greene Gables

Monday morning......sigh.  Can I just climb back in bed and try again tomorrow?

May I be transparent for a moment?

Lets just say I failed the "Fruit of the Spirit" exam last week.  It all peaked in a flurry of emotion and frustration on Wednesday and then again yesterday.   If there was ever a week I could rewind and do all over again, it was last week.

So, this morning I sit here, trying to get the gumption to face a new week and quotes from Anne of Greene Gables keeps running through my head.

Anne had just made a mess of things and she was pouring her heart out to her teacher and mentor Miss Stacey.  Who among us didn't love Miss Stacey!?  Would that we all had a Miss Stacey in our lives!


“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” 

(Ok, so that isn't the picture from the scene, but I couldn't find the
 screen shot...don't judge, I had a bad week .... :-P )


I can relate to Anne on so many levels.  She had the best of intentions, just kept getting herself into trouble with out even trying to, and being horribly misunderstood in the process.

 Who didn't love the scene in the movie where she dyed her hair green on accident.  ( I accidentally died my hair eggplant purple at one stage)
 
  If I were Anne I probably would have accidentally gotten my best friend drunk as well, thinking I was only giving her raspberry cordial.

Sigh...if only life were as easy at an Anne of Greene Gables novel....

(do you ever feel like you walk through life with that forlorn look on your face all the time? That was me yesterday, for shizzle! )

But alas, life is much more complicated.

Last night I sat with my good friend Kate and we laid our hearts out to one another.  And couple of things that came up in our conversation is this....

1. God loves us no matter what!  Nothing can separate me from his love!  The reality of that simple truth washed over my battered and bruised soul last night and comforted me in a way that nothing else could.
 
2. God  understands that we are going to have bad days, or several of them strung together like a tacky cheap necklace.  All he wants is for us to come to him with a willing and transparent heart.  He wants for us to allow him to soothe the bruises and mend the rips.  I think it is how we handle ourselves in the aftermath.  Prayerfully to learn some avoidance tactics in the future so as not to walk down that particular path again.

So, buck up folks.......in the immortal words of Miss Stacey


“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...