Sunday, October 13, 2013

Humpty Dumpty feel down today

This morning I said a stupid thing to someone and as soon as it came out of my mouth I thought 
"Myranda, that was REAL DUMB, you need to fix it!"  So, I attempted to rectify the situation and it went from bad to worse.....lets just say the whole event didn't play out in reality in the way the conversation went in my head.  The other person was pretty offended, and to be honest, I don't blame them one bit.  
Letting words fly out of our mouths and dropping eggs have the same effect.  You have to clean up the mess, but you can't put Humpty Dumpty back together....

Sometimes I wish God would render me mute ( I know my husband feels that way at times).  But as that probably won't happen anytime soon, my prayer is "God help me to exercise self control and humility!  Help me to put up and shut up!"  

So, when I got home and cried a bit, the Lord told me one word.....Humility.  Humility is the key!  It doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong at that point.  Humility is the key!  So, I prayed and dove in one more time and God be praised, all is well.  I didn't attempt to try and explain my side or what ever, I just said how sincerely sorry I was for hurting them.  

Funny thing is....or ironic maybe.....yesterday in my quiet time I was praying "Lord help me to walk humbly"  BBBWWWAAAAA!!!!!!!!!  Careful what you pray for!  The Lord IS listening!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...