Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hast Thou No Scar?


A dear friend of mine has been in Zambia for 8 months attempting to adopt 2 precious little girls.  Her husband has had to be in the states for the time because of work and she has kept their biological daughter in here in Zambia.  I can’t begin to tell you all she has gone through as a result and last night was told it won’t be possible to adopt the girls.  Our hearts are broken for this precious family!  GOD WHY!?  My precious friend is now faced with the awful task of having to take the kids back to the orphanage where she found them.  Would you please pray for a miracle on their behalf!?  God is able! 

Keira sitting with Luis
( I don't have a good picture of Evolet)
Josie
Then I woke up this morning and read on facebook that a friends son-in-law died suddenly of a brain aneurysm.  He was 38 years old!  He leaves behind a wife and three young kids.  JESUS IN HEAVEN HELP! 
I don’t doubt God’s sovereignty or that he has a plan.  I don’t doubt that the Bible is complete truth and we can rely on its answers and its comfort.  I don’t doubt...
BUT COME ON......these are some pretty tough situations!  When faced with sudden and disatrous events the heart wants to shut down.  It makes my feet feel like stone and my heart swell with pain to the point of bursting.  Do you know the feeling?
How do you put one foot in front of the other when you obey God and it falls apart?  How do you even contemplate getting out of bed in the morning when your husband is suddenly taken from you?  
In moments of great and unthinkable pain I take such comfort in Jesus!  The pain and agony that he suffered, simply knowing that he understands that kind of struggle...the King of Heaven and Earth.....fully God and fully man......understand exactly how it feels to know heartache and loss.  
Hast thou no scar?
No hidden scar on foot, or side, or hand?
I hear thee sung as mighty in the land;
I hear them hail thy bright, ascendant star.
Hast thou no scar?

Hast thou no wound?
Yet I was wounded by the archers; spent,
Leaned Me against a tree to die; and rent
By ravening beasts that compassed Me, I swooned.
Hast thou no wound?

No wound? No scar?
Yet, as the Master shall the servant be,
And piercèd are the feet that follow Me.
But thine are whole; can he have followed far
Who hast no wound or scar?
Amy Carmichael wrote this while bedridden in India. I love this poem because it reminds me that if we are walking with Jesus we won't escape life with out a scar or two.  


Please pray for the women I have mentioned!!!  It is going to take some time before their wounds turn to scars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...