Friday, July 5, 2013

our faith life

God allows all things to happen in our lives, the good, the bad and the ugly.  It has always been my natural reaction, my human reaction to point fingers, blame and get angry when the you know what hits the fan.  Yet, this has always been my hearts desire. 

psalm 139:23-24
Investigate my life, O God,
    find out everything about me;
Cross-examine and test me,
    get a clear picture of what I’m about;
See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong—
    then guide me on the road to eternal life.


I think about a conversation I had with my daughter yesterday.  I told her that I will do anything in the world for her because I love her more than life itself.  Meaning, if her life has to be hard for a bit in order for her to grow and be a stronger woman, then so be it.  

Doesn’t it stand to reason that God, being the perfect parent, feels the same about us? 
He isn’t as concerned with our happiness as he is about us becoming whole and complete, lacking in nothing.  

My faith life has been forced into the open and I haven’t been very happy about what I have seen.  It is easy to be stoic and brave and appropriately humble when things are good and the planets are all in a line.  But the planets don’t stayed lined up all the time do they?  Storms are a natural part of life and deserts exist for a reason.  

An amazing reality has struck me hard between the eye balls.  GOD LOVES ME!!!   When I am so weary I can’t pray, and opening the Bible causes my mind to race....GOD LOVES ME!  When I have to go into survival mode for a bit and trust God for the strength to put my left foot in front of the right, GOD LOVES ME!   

He loves you not for what you can offer him, but for who he made you to be!  It is not just a pretty cliché we hang on our walls and put on t-shirts.  God has been allowing me personally to go through the mental battles I have been going through to remind me that He loves me for me!!!  

You are valuable to God because he makes it so!  Just for who you are, where you are!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...