Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Prayer in the Car

I found this in my journal from a few weeks ago.  I was house hunting (NOT fun to do in Zambia) and was feeling very overwhelmed and exhausted.  This is what came out....


Lord, 

I thank you that your arms are strong enough!  

I thank you that your shoulders are broad enough! 

I thank you that you don't judge me for being frustrated and confused at times. 

I thank you that you don't get angry with me when I don't understand your ways and throw a fit about it.  You patiently wait for me to get a grip, then you pick me up, wipe the road dust off my bottom and we continue. 

This is my hearts cry....
I NEVER wanna be so right that I am wrong!  So, in my frustration and disillusionment help me to settle on WHO you are!  Give me wisdom to navigate the minefields of my emotions. 

My heart is stired by a noble theme!  You are my GOD!  

You love me for who I am, where I am, not for what I do!  

You are my purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...