Monday, February 4, 2013

images from my life



Today I went out and took photos of what I see on a daily basis here in Zambia.  This is just a small sample of the places and faces we see everyday.  ENJOY!  





He is a delivery guy for the local shops.  
I don't know if you can tell but the ladies in the back of the truck are actually sitting on overstuffed chairs they are moving.  Hey, if you gotta do it, do it comfortably!  

Anyone notice the Jesus is my Homeboy poster in the window?


These two men are drinking the locally brewed beer called Shake Shake.  It is NASTY smelling stuff, but dirt cheap. 

She is a blind woman begging in an empty field.  There are men and women like this all over the city.

He is a bag seller. I always think of flowers when I see these guys. 


I thought he had the coolest hat. 

This is a wall of Chitenge fabrics.  One piece is roughly 13 feet and costs 5 USD.  

A little girl begging in the field.  
Suddenly I felt like fasting when I walked past this stall.  

My body guards Ollie (left) and Brett (right).  Luis couldn't go with me so I asked these guys from our church to walk with me.  

Dont you think the guy in white looks like Usher?

The picture doesn't really show the gigantic size of the puddle in the back of the market.  I thought the tree in the middle was cool.

Remember the picture above with the meat?  This guy was the chef.   
There are tables of wigs and hair pieces

A delivery guy.  He wanted to make sure I got a shot of what he was delivering.

A shoe stall in the market. 

I found this boy encased in a stall of hundreds of snow white lacy curtains.  I think he has wise eyes.  

1 comment:

  1. You really captured a day in Lusaka through these images. Very creative and well done...Christine

    ReplyDelete

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...