Saturday, March 31, 2012

what freaks you out?


These past few weeks have been filled with a great amount of personal turmoil for me.  I have had to look some of my deepest fears in the eye, give them my best Mommy style death stare and not budge until they blink first.  Needless to say I am exhausted, but I feel a resolve beginning to break through in my heart.  I hope to write more on these things as the weeks progress and as I process through stuff.  
A few days ago Luis said to me “YOU ARE NOT A RABID DOG BACKED INTO A CORNER WITH NO ONE TO FIGHT FOR YOU!”  That was a slap in the face and got me thinking.  I have been allowing the enemy the freedom to run all over my mind and heart with some legitimate and some illegitimate fears.  Loosing sleep, getting cranky, the whole bit....wasn't pretty!  Isn’t there always some bit of truth to a lie?  Yes, it is true that I am a selfish person, but God has made me like Jesus so I can walk free to be generous and loving.  Get my point?
The fundamental question arises, What does God’s word say?  My heart and my mind and the devil might be telling me one thing, but God’s word is my plumb line for sanity and peace!  It doesn’t matter WHAT is going on around me, what my circumstances are telling me and what is going on inside myself, What God’s word says is what I believe, PERIOD END OF STORY!  
God doesn’t want me to walk around with my head hidden and afraid, cowering at the thought of facing what I don’t want to face.  God wants me to stand up in the power and might of who Jesus has made me....THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS!!!  
The Lord is calling us to walk bold and confident in the knowledge of Jesus Christ being alive and real in our lives.  Lets face what freaks us out the most and trust God to make that smooth stone find its mark in the forehead of that ugly loud mouthed giant!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...