Monday, April 9, 2012

Refuge!


Ok, here is me being transparent and open with you guys...ready?  
I told you in my last post that I have been having a very difficult time personally.  Depression, anxiety, struggles with bitterness and anger, general crankiness and just an all around unpleasant person to be with.  Why? Well, that isn’t important, it is just the bi-product of my rotten heart that I wanted you to know about.  My poor family!  I sat my kids down the other night an apologized from the deepest parts of my heart for being gross.  I love my kids so much!  They are so forgiving and fabulous!  How could they be any thing different with faces like this.....
Amira, Hannah and Brooklyn showing off their new Easter dresses. 
I want to encourage you with what God has been encouraging me with....Psalm 31.  I won’t re-quote it.  But know this, if you are having a hard time, what ever it means for you, Psalm 31 will boost your heart and strengthen your spirits.  It is so comforting to me to read in the Bible EXACTLY what my present emotions are all about.  
I have been listening to the lies and believing them! YUCK!  I am reminded again that the lies of the devil are always laced with a bit of truth....HOWEVER....
THE LORD IS MY ROCK, MY FORTRESS AND MY DELIVER, MY GOD IS MY ROCK IN WHOM I TAKE REFURE, HE IS MY SHIELD AND THE HORN OF MY SALVATION, MY STRONGHOLD!  PSALM 18:2
We can take refuge in the name of the Lord and be saved!  We can run to him and find shelter from what ever storm it is that is raging against us!  We can walk through the valley of the shadow and death and not fear evil because we know that he is with us and His rod and staff comfort us!  AMEN!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...