Friday, February 10, 2012

I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!!!

A friend of mine was just recently informed that in order to catch a man she needs to ask God to show her what needs to change about herself!  Basically the idea was this "Something MUST be wrong with you or you would be married by now".  UMMMM............HONEY I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!  Double snap Z formation and all that good stuff! 

My friend is lovely, talented, godly, generous, humble and very very brave.  She is a good friend!

She called me frustrated because the same person also informed her that men want to be the leaders and that basically she needs to play the role of a helpless female.  HWUT!?  She said "Myranda, is it true!?"

PLEASE DON'T MISUNDERSTAND ME, I completely agree with the leadership part.  Luis is the leader in our home. I am called to respect and honor him!  It is biblical. (And if I may be candid, that has been very difficult for me to learn.) There is an order and a peace that comes into the life of a home when everyone's God ordained roles are respected and kept sacred. 

Something I have learned in 10 years of marriage is this...Growing as a woman, wife, mother means that I learn to give of myself, see to the needs of my family and support my husband unabashedly.  I am his biggest fan!  (And he is mine!)  In that I discover and am enhanced in who I am in Christ, walking in the fullness of who He has called me to be.  That might look different for different women...homeschool mom, career mom, single mom, single missionary,...the list is endless but I think you get the point.  I can never expect someone else to fit into the role God has called me to and visa-versa. 

I am a mother of 3 beautiful girls...Amira Janice', Hannah Lissette, and Brooklyn Rose.  It would be the greatest of disservices to them, I feel, if they learned from me that who they are as women doesn't matter, that they have no voice and no opinion.  If they feel they have to give up aspects of who God has made them to be to get a husband!   Our personalities are a gift from God!

I want my girls to grow strong in the knowledge of who God has made them, of how to reach out to those in need, to be generous.  I want them to live a life for Jesus that is bold, courageous and distinct to the honor of the One who paid such a high price for their precious little souls.  WHATEVER that looks like for them as individuals!!!! 

Ladies, lets walk BOLD in who we are in Christ!  No hiding or changing it, BUT KNOWING as we keep our eyes of Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, He gives our life meaning and purpose, he gives and fullfils the longings of our hearts and makes all things beautiful in His time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...