Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Rose with no thorns


pastedGraphic.pdf
Um....Myranda, who is that kid and why are we looking at her broken arm?
Well, that is my youngest daughter Brooklyn Rose Morales.....I thought it might be fun to show you then and now pictures over the course of the next few days and talk about the changes that have gone on.  (ALSO, I am trying to play around with this thing and learn how to make a groovy looking blog)  Let me know what you think......
This photo was taken about one month before we departed for Zambia when Brooklyn was about 14 months old.  August '07 to be precise.   She was wiggling around and fell off a bed and WHAMO, fractured her wrist.  I thought for sure they were going to take her away, but alas the nurse didn’t take my daughter away and Brookie is none the worse for the wear.  We had to delay our departure by 4 weeks, but all's well that ends well..or however that silly saying goes.
Little foot note, Brookie got out of TWO, yes I said it TWO full arm casts during the course of her treatment.  The doctor told me that in all the years of pediatric orthopedic practice he has NEVER seen a kid at her age get out of TWO casts.  I just calmly nodded my head and said WELL THATS MY BROOKIE ROSE!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...