Thursday, February 6, 2014

Demolition...

2 Corinthians 10:5
 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.



Myranda's definition of DEMOLISH.......

to annihilate thoroughly with extreme prejudice.

How do I annihilate with extreme prejudice the arguments and pretensions that set themselves up in my mind against the knowledge of God?  

Well first, I need to know what they are?  How do I know that?  I gotta keep my little white freckled nose in the word of God.  His word is my plumb line for everything!  

Here is a good scripture for that...

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.



Here are some conclusions that God has been helping me come to.

1. Drive and passion and zeal will only get you so far.  I think that tank for me has had to run on empty because I have to trust only in the grace and power of God to accomplish what he has called us to do.  God, in his ABUNDANT LOVE FOR ME has to get me to that point so I can say "Look at what God is doing!!!!"  All glory MUST go to Jesus!  (Abraham and Sarah Baby!!!)

2. It is posible to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ because IT SAYS IT IN SCRIPTURE, therefore it is possible.  WHAMO, plain and simple.  My thought life defines who I am.  Is my thought life lining up with Philippians 4:8?  What is in there will come out!  I can and must make sure every area of my life brings honor and glory to Jesus

3. When I am tired that is when the battle rages the hardest, but, if I take God at his word and stand still to see his salvation, to hide myself under the shadow of His wings.....He WILL fight for me....He WILL give me the ability to take every thought captive!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...