Tuesday, December 24, 2013

God's provision!

I have had many discussions with friends over the past few weeks about our years.  The theme that keeps coming up is that we have all been through the valley this year.  Some of it has been internal, some has been external, but all of us, it seems, have been brought to the point of crying out to God because there was no other choice.  

One story stands out in my mind.....

A friend was taking the train home from work where he would then get his car and drive the few miles to his house.  He was worried because there wasn't enough gas in the car and he has no extra cash to remedy the situation.  He called his wife and asked her to pray.  Needless to say my friend was at that point.  His prayer was "Oh God!  I can't solve this one!  There is no way out of this!  You promised that you wouldn't leave me ashamed in the day of adversity......PLEASE JESUS!!!!"  On the platform of the train station he met a friend who also needed a ride home because he was in the same financial situation and his car wasn't running.  My friend says "Ok, but I have no gas and no money to buy any, so we will try."  His friend told him "Well guess what, I have an extra 10 dollars and its yours if you just help me get home"

Both men in the story are godly men who love their families and are walking pure before God!  They haven't done anything wrong or sinful to put themselves in the financial situation they see themselves in, it is just that God is walking them through something hard and valuable at the same time.   God showed them both that day that He sees exactly where they are at and cares deeply about their needs and will never leave their families or forsake them! 
 
I have been there many times this year!  (See my post MY PORK TROTTER MIRACLE and MY MATTRESS MIRACLE)  

We are living in dangerous times at Christians.  As American's we are no longer allowed to openly speak our minds and as Christians living in the last days the Devil is out to steal kill and destroy all that God has placed in our hearts. 

We HAVE to walk through the valley!  All other options but Jesus have to be stripped away from us so that we can learn to Stand Still and See the Salvation of the Lord!  

This scripture has been running through my mind for a bout a week now........

Psalm 27:4-5

New International Version (NIV)
One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock.

May our one and only hearts desires be to dwell in the house of the Lord, to be found hidden under the shadow of His wings.  That is the only safe place!  That is the only refuge where we will find true and lasting security and provision!  



       


No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...