Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bruised souls and writers block



I have been suffering from a severe case of writers block since the beginning of November.  There has been so much that has gone on personally and ministry wise that I won't shove it all into one blog.  As I sort through my own heart and emotions about it all I will keep you in the loop, thats a promise.  

As you all have been on Joe's journey with us, you will be happy to know that he has been in a Teen Challenge since the middle of October and we just got a report yesterday that he is thriving.  He has been promoted to the next level, which brings privileges and responsibilities.  Wafuka, the director, told us that he has never had a student with so much dedication and perseverance.  He is inspiring other students to stay the course and he wants to further his education to go on in ministry.  Please pray for him!!  Pray that we have the wisdom to know how to help him when he is finished with his year.  Pray for the provision to help him.  He needs finances, a house, all that kinda good stuff.  How does God want you to help Joe?  We all are his family!!!

In all transparent honesty, I feel I must share with you that the battle to get Joe into Teen Challenge has lead me into a desert time of my own.  I don't want to give the devil more credit that necessary, but there is a tug in my heart to share with you what happened to me the day after.  It was the day the TSC missions conference started, and I was feeling sorry for myself because I wasn't able to attend. I was depressed and moody and 
needed to just get out of the house.  To make a long story short, a bus driver pulled in front of my car and he and his buddy attempted to pull me out of my car.  No other way to explain it, but it was pure naked demonic aggression.  My neighbor came at the last second and helped me.  Needless to say I was SUPER FREAKED!!  I wasn’t hurt and looking at the details of what happened...God was there!! 

My pastor’s wife talked me through my emotions about the situation and gave me to BEST advice EVER!!!  (let me just say, she knows what she is talking about!)  She said we have to make sure we are resting in the presence of God and not attempt to make sense of it all on our own. (my paraphrase) I couldn’t reason away what happened and try to understand the why and the wherefore’s of it all.  I had to simply stop, actively sit at the feet of Jesus and let him heel my bruised soul.  God gave me a picture he wanted me to paint, so for a week I stopped life, did only what was necessary....picked up kids from school and made sure they were feed and clothed, and I painted.  I put on worship music and listened to TSC sermons.  I didn’t let my mind try to work it all out.  I actively and simply sat at the feet of Jesus and let him make something beautiful out of something terrible.  It was a wonderful time!!  

I guess what I want to say is this....Don’t let what the devil has meant for your destruction define you!  Let Jesus make something beautiful in your life out of something that was meant to harm you and hold you back from all God has intended!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...