Tuesday, January 31, 2012

forgiveness is a process


I think one of the hardest aspects of being a Christian is when you are called to forgive and walk in grace and love toward those who have hurt you.  I know that I have been writing so much on this topic, but...hey, its where I am at!  It is actually keeping me accountable before the Lord about what is in my heart to put it out there in the great vast world of the internet.  So, thanks for rolling with my punches.  
It is a difficult thing to realize that there are those who are a part of the body of Christ, yet will purposefully do you harm.  WHY!?  I don’t understand it, truly I don’t.  All I know is that the scripture is SO CLEAR on the mandate to love and show mercy and kindness.  The battle my soul is facing right now is the temptation to NOT defend myself, but to simply keep my mouth shut.  To take simple acts of obedience and to PRAY!  God has made it is clear to me that this is going to be a defining moment for me.  Am I going to let God be God in all things....the hurt, the pain, the betrayal, the heart ache....or am I going to take matters into my own hands and try to make all things right when they have gone wrong?  The fact of the matter is that it isn’t my responsibility to make things “right”.  It is my responsibility to LET GO!!  Flesh dictates that it is my RIGHT to hold onto the hurt and make the other one suffer, but when I become a part of the body of Christ I have relinquished my right haven’t I?  So, therefore doesn’t that mean that I have relinquished my right to hold a grudge?  
What happens if the hurt comes again?  Do I have the right to bring it all up and start rehearsing it all over again?  Or do I take a step of obedience and pray for those who hurt me?  PRAY FOR GOD’S LOVE AND GRACE TO BE POURED OUT ON THEM!  NOT FOR GOD’S WRATH!!!!  I have to take my thoughts CAPTIVE to the obedience of Jesus Christ!!!  
I want to be free in Jesus!!  I don’t want to take up a yolk of slavery again!  The price that was paid for my freedom was to precious for me to just toss it to the ground and stomp on it in a fit of rage and anger.  
Free is Jesus!  Free to walk whole and pure and in the plan God has for my life, that is my goal and my aim!  Free to be more like Jesus!!  
FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I AM FREE AT LAST!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...