Tuesday, August 7, 2018

a hot mess

I just had my birthday this past thursday and it got me thinking......What I wish my 43 year old self could tell my 23 year old self......

1.  BE COMFORTABLE WITH WHO YOU ARE!
           I was SO insecure as a 23 year old.  I was uncomfortable in my own skin, so unsure of myself and desperate for approval.  I wasn't content to simply be Myranda and enjoy that time of my life.  I let everyone think I was sure and confident, but inside I was scared someone would figure me out and call me out as a fraud.  Little did I know that no one was actually paying that much attention.  Others had lives and issues of their own they were working out.

2.   ITS OK TO BE A HOT MESS
             Because I was desperate for approval and recognition I wasn't ok to let folks see my warts and bumps.  I wanted to portray the perfect Christian image, not understanding that no one was expecting that from me.....What folks want to see is TRUE and SINCERE transparency.  Honesty about the condition of my heart and the journey that God has me on is what encourages others around me and forges bonds.  I mean, for realz Nacho, doesn't it make you feel better when you realize NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING!?   NO ONE HAS IT TOGETHER!!!!!  WE ARE ALL A HOT MESS!!!  But for the Grace of God I go!


I would actually go on and on but I think these two point hit the high lights.    Here I am.....20 years later....a husband....a dog....three kids.....

I am a hot mess most of the time,  I hate baking, I can't sew and I suck at house work......BBBUUUTTTT  Jesus sees me as I am, Jesus rescued me from myself and delivered me from my sin and made me new and fresh and clean!    Jesus has taken my hot mess and has made something beautiful out of it that brings honor to Him and the beauty of it is this.....I DIDN'T EARN IT!  I DON'T DESERVE IT!  My sin kept me separate from Jesus, but His grace made me worthy!  His blood shed on the cross has given me a fresh clean bright future!  I have Hope because of Jesus!  I have purpose because of Jesus!  

If you don't know Jesus yet WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!!  Give up the fight and let Him take over!!!

LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY VERY MUCH!



         

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this Myranda! So very beautiful and true. Wise words! Ilks x

    ReplyDelete

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...