Monday, May 2, 2016

peace

I would like to take a few moments to thank everyone for their overwhelming response to Emma’s plight.  We DEFINITELY felt the prayers coming.  

For those who didn’t read my previous blog you can do so here to get caught up: 

http://musingsofamssionary.blogspot.com/2016/04/tough-days.html

I went back on Friday to the YWCA center to see her and find out the way forward from the counselors.  The long and short of it is this…..Tuesday of this week Emma will be taken to the town of Kabwe where her family is from.  There a counselor from the YWCA will stay with her 24 / 7 until a solution can be found.  If the situation at home isn’t a good one for Emma she will be brought back to Lusaka and a plan for her will be made.  After I left Emma Friday she was taken to a woman’s shelter.  If all goes well I won't see her again this side of eternity.  

Saturday rolled around and I had a few blessed hours to myself in our Streetwise shop working on a project for a client.   It was the first time in a few weeks that all was quiet.  My phone wasn't ringing,  my kids weren't asking me for anything and no one was coming to me with overwhelming needs that make the mind swim.  And I got depressed....why!?   All the emotion and ups and downs of the past two weeks flooded over me and I was EXHAUSTED!  It all slammed in my face at once and my knees practically buckled from it all.  When I arrived home I found Luis in a similar state.   We talked it through and understood our state of mind was probably an expected and normal one and we needed to just rest and relax.  Ended up having a fun day with our kids doing silly stuff.  It was beautiful. 

You see just days before we meet Emma we were working with Samuel.  Samuel had been coming to the Streetwise Center for a few months and we saw so much potential and willingness in him…….long story short……He is now tucked safely and nicely away at a Teen Challenge Center 45 minutes outside of Kabwe.   We are getting reports that he is doing really well.  He is thriving in the program and is adjusting well.  

Getting Samuel ready for Teen Challenge was like a roller coaster and it was awesome!  So many folks stepped up to help out and make sure he had what was needed and the sponsor ships for him rolled in.  It was clear….Teen Challenge was God’s plan for Samuel……All the details just feel into place.  

Then with Emma it was a mixture of extreme highs and lows.  

So, no wonder we were left feeling like wet dish rags! 

I have been dwelling on this Psalm since Friday morning.  I was having my time with God that morning just pouring all my frustrations and disappointment out in front of him.  "God!  How could this have happened to such a precious little life?  Where were you in this!?  LORD!  This is all to much for me to handle! Please God!  I need a reminder of who you are and of your faithfulness even in the middle of extreme insanity and evil" 

1              Lord, our Lord
             how majestic is your name in all the earth!
             You have set your glory  in the heavens.
Through the praise of children and infants
    you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
    to silence the foe and the avenger.
When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?[c]
You have made them[d] a little lower than the angels[e]
    and crowned them[f] with glory and honor.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
    you put everything under their[g] feet:
all flocks and herds,
    and the animals of the wild,
the birds in the sky,
    and the fish in the sea,
    all that swim the paths of the seas.
Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Here is the conclusion that I come away with after reading that.......God is still God!  He is the same God who created the world with his word.....He is the same God who stopped the sun so the Isrealites could win the battle.....He is the same God who ROSE HIMSELF FROM THE DEAD FOR YOU AND ME......He is the same God who carried Emma's precious Baby safely home to heaven and the same God who will carry Samuel through his rehab process.  He is the same God yesterday today and forever!   

When nothing else makes sense to me....the truth of who God is and the love of Jesus makes perfect sense to me!  He promises to take what the Devil meant for evil and turn it around for His glory.   He promises that weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning!  He promises to be our shelter in the storm and he promises to be our strength when we are weak.  He promises to give peace that surpasses all understanding and to be the voice behind us always saying "This is the way walk in it" 

That makes my heart settle and rest like nothing else can.  It melts away anxiety and give me joy in my heart.  If I didn't have Jesus and His promises where would I be?  

Where are you now?  What are you putting your hope in?  What gives you peace? 

If

you would like to learn more about Streetwise and about how you can get involved you can contact  me or my husband Luis at streetwisezambia@gmail.com 

If you would like to give financially you can go to tscnyc.org  Click on GIVE and follow the prompts to Morales Family / Zambia  


No comments:

Post a Comment

meet John

Meet John.  We don't know much about John other than he was a child living on the streets of Lusaka.    John represents the face of cou...